Expired Permits Hillsborough County | What You Do And Don’t Need A Permit For In Hillsborough County

Expired Permits Hillsborough County | Permits are required for a lot of remodel or renovation projects for your home. It is up to you or your hired contractor to find out exactly what permits are necessary. If you start building or renovating without the proper permits you run the risk of getting shut down. This can cost you both time and money. It will also create a stressful situation for you and your family while you wait until the proper paperwork is filed. It is a good idea to know what projects will require a permit in Hillsborough County and what ones will not. Below are some of the more common projects and what is required.


Building Projects

Some of the more common building projects that require a permit include: fences that are electrical or concrete and porches. Common building projects that do not require a permit include: docks, fences (made from PVC, wood or chain link) and sheds. The sheds need to be for residential purposes and less than 150 square feet.



Electrical repairs including installation or repair of low-voltage systems do not require a permit if the repairs do not exceed $5000. No Gas permit is required for a portable heating appliance or replacement of any minor part. No mechanical permit is required for portable heating, ventilation or cooling equipment. Also, no permit is required for any self-contained refrigeration system containing 10lb or less refrigerant. Plumbing permits are not required to stop leaks in drains, water, soil, waste or vent pipes. You can also clear water closets or septic tanks without a permit. You will need a permit if you have a leak and require replacement of a drain pipe, water pipe, soil pipe or vent pipe.


If you do need help with repairs or obtaining a permit in Hillsborough County you should contact the professionals at Beryl Engineering & Inspection. They can help you better understand the permit process and can even help you get rid of any expired permits you may have.