How to Find a Home Inspector in Tampa You Can Trust
A home is usually the largest investment you will ever make. Every prospective home buyer should seek to learn everything possible about a home before purchase. A professional home inspector in Tampa can discover any potential or existing problems with a home. But how do you know they can be trusted?
Ask to See a Sample Home Inspection Report
A sample report from a home inspector in Tampa will reveal what you can expect from their services. This is a great way to find out what will be included in a home inspection and what will not. Ask questions about what you see in the sample report and what may cost more if it is included. Here are some factors to consider:
- Is the report easy to understand?
- Are photos included with the report?
- Is the inspector willing to explain items you do not understand?
Ask for Recommendations
Word of mouth is still a great way to find a home inspector in Tampa. Hillsborough County homeowners are likely quick to tell you whether or not they had a good experience with their last home inspection. Use the many online resources available to read reviews and discover complaints. Some reliable sources include:
- Google Business Pages
- Angie’s List
- Consumers’ Checkbook
- Your local Better Business Bureau
- Local professional organizations
It is also a good idea to ask the home inspector in Tampa for the names and contact information of previous clients. They can tell you much about their experience.
Check a Home Inspector in Tampa’s Credentials
“Trust but verify” is always a wise course of action. Does the inspector have the licenses and certifications required by the State of Florida? Are they backed by national trade organizations? Look into any claims made in their advertising or on their website. Some resources for verification include:
The best way to learn anything is to ask questions. Ask a potential home inspector in Tampa about their experience. Have them explain anything you do not understand about the process of inspecting a home and the sample report they provide. Ask if you may accompany them on the inspection tour. A reputable home inspector should welcome your company and input.
Other suggested questions to ask include:
- Are your services guaranteed for errors and omissions? If so, what is the guarantee? Can the inspector provide a written copy of the guarantee?
- What will the inspector include in the inspection? What is not included?
- How much will the inspection cost? When must this fee be paid?
- How long will the inspection take?
- When will you receive a copy of the report?
- Is the inspector available and willing to explain anything you do not understand about the report and its findings?
A Home Inspector in Tampa You Can Trust
Beryl Project Engineering provides all manner of home inspections for a variety of specific needs. Our licensed and certified inspectors will provide an easy-to-understand written report that includes photos within 36 hours of completing your inspection. We are a home inspector in Tampa you can trust. Call us at (813) 616-3301 or send a message online for more information about Tampa home inspections.