Expired Permits Hillsborough County | How To Get A Permit In Hillsborough County


Expired Permits Hillsborough County | In order to renovate your home, you need to collect the proper permits. Following these permits guarantee that the renovations are completed up to code. This protects the homeowner by making the contractors follow through with the permit process. Permits are normally obtained by the contractor performing the work. However, if you decide to do the work yourself you will need to understand the process. Here are some of the basic steps to obtain a permit for your home remodel.


To start the permit process, you need to need to figure out the property folio number with the legal description. Each type of remodel will require a different type of permit. Some of the permit types include: after the fact permit, mobile home for private property, re-roof inspection worksheet, residential addition, single family residence/duplex, swimming pool checklist and townhouse/single-family attached.


Once you choose the correct permit version you need to follow the subsequent steps in the application. You may be required to submit additional documentation based on your chosen remodel. At this point you turn in the paperwork and the application fee. It will then be reviewed by the committee and a decision for your permit will be made.


Once you receive the permit you will only be allotted a certain time frame to complete the renovations. Permits such as electrical, plumbing and mechanical that are not tied to a general building permit are only good for 180 days. If your permit goes over the maximum days, it will need to either be renewed or closed out. If no action is taken it will be considered an expired permit. If you have an expired permit you cannot apply for a new permit until the expired permit has been properly closed out or renewed.


If you need help obtaining a permit or help to clear out an expired permit you should contact Beryl Engineering & Inspection. Beryl will help answer any questions you may have and guide you through the permit/expired permit process.