Permit Closure Letter |Common Permit Closure Letter Questions


Permit Closure Letter | For the homeowner getting ready to sell a house, learning of an open permit can be a stressful situation. Just when you thought you had everything under control and your home was ready to hit the market, the issue of an open or expired permit can get in your way. The task of moving from one home to another is stressful enough – you don’t need to add this concern to your list.
Fortunately, obtaining a permit closure letter is relatively simple when you work with Beryl. We will be able to help you promptly, so you can keep your home sale plans on track. Let’s take a look at a couple of the common questions associated with this situation.

What kind of permits can be a problem?
Basically, any open or expired permit can be an issue when you get ready to sell your Hillsborough County home. However, it is most commonly a problem about pool, pool enclosure, and roof permits. If you have had work done on any of these areas while you’ve lived in the home, even if that work was a long time ago, it is a good idea to check on the status of the permits.

What happens once the permit closure letter is issued?
Through our strong relationships with Hillsborough County, we meet with building officials to close out your permit. You do not need to deliver the letter to the Hillsborough County Permitting Department yourself. Once that is done, you should be ready to proceed with your plans to sell your property.
Is that the end of the process?
Most likely, yes. If there are issues which come up down the line, Beryl will keep photographs on hand to use as proof, if necessary. When you work with Beryl on this issue, you can be sure that we will cover our bases and take care of the matter properly from start to finish. Contact us today 813-616-3301!